Vais Or Pxamg

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and just recently purchased a 2006 RX400h with Nav and standard radio.

I want to add the ipod functionality for my iPhone 3G and have read most of the posts here. One thing I can't seem to get a grasp of is if the Vais allows you to play video on the 2006 nav screen. I know it does for later model 400s but I just can't seem to see if it does for the 2006. If it does, then I think I'm going to go with the Vais. If it doesn't then I think I'm going to go with the PXAMG.

Any thoughts?

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and just recently purchased a 2006 RX400h with Nav and standard radio.

I want to add the ipod functionality for my iPhone 3G and have read most of the posts here. One thing I can't seem to get a grasp of is if the Vais allows you to play video on the 2006 nav screen. I know it does for later model 400s but I just can't seem to see if it does for the 2006. If it does, then I think I'm going to go with the Vais. If it doesn't then I think I'm going to go with the PXAMG.

Any thoughts?

Check this site out

http://www.tvandnav.com/index.asp?PageActi...mp;Category=114

I've checked with the product's tech support group

this tool plays ipod and ipod video, not sure about iphone, there is a group buy on another lexus forum for $175 + $15 shipping

the analog version works with 06 RX 400h you won't lose in dash CD changer function. Most of these 3rd party tool plugs in at the back

of the external CD changer plug

I'm attaching a Vais SLI2 ipod adapter install instruction so you can get an idea how to install

cos most of the 3rd party ipod adapter requires pretty much the same thing to take apart the stereo dash and plug-in the external CD changer port.

Sli2_ipod_adapter_install.pdf