Sc300/400 Or 300zx?

yuyuyu

Hi! Now I'm driving an IS300....but I know that is not what I want (also, want to save money in recent economy )

I am willing to pay $4000~$6000 for my next car...

Although I'm not a big fan of modification, I hope that the handling would be better than my IS.

For the 300ZX, I would like to find the T-Top with N/A engine

And for the Lexus, I would like to find the either engine of the SCs

I know its difficult to find the manual SC300, so I could accept driving automatic too.

Did anyone drive both of them? What's the difference in the handling between both cars?

Besides the handling, which car would you prefer in other aspects?

I really need your advices!!! Thanks!

think about maintenance costs of an old car. i dont know about the NA version but a turbo 300zx waterpump and timing belt job will cost $4000 thats not a mistake. the NA version may be slightly cheaper but i would assume its close to that.

Ive own boththe Sc300 Manual and the 300ZX N/A and turbo. I would say it depends on what you would prefer.

I liked the 300ZX because of the weight and the aerodynamics of it. The motors in the 300ZX are as dependable as you can find but when something breaks (and trust me someting will as the car grows older) you will find that it is a serious pain in the rump fix. The handling aspects on the 300ZX are nice and the chassis is well built for the curves. I had a full racing suspention setup from Tien and I loved taking it out on the twisties.

I now own a 1993 Lexus SC300 and I live it. The biggest differance between the two is the luxury aspects of the SC300/400. Both of the SC's are tuneable and reliable. When I bought the SC I was looking for a luxury coupe that was dependable and tunable and the SC delivers on both fronts. and the 2JZ motor in the SC300 is the easiest motor to find parts for and installing them due to the size of the engine bay. The SC are nice on the turns but the tend to not like the tight turns as well as the 300ZX. This is due to the weight of the SC platform. Tien suspention parts will help with this and after some gettin used to you'll love taking the turns in a SC.

Like I said its up to you...... Good luck