Help With Mark Levinson System

sbsjc

Hey there, I just got a sc430 and I was wondering the same thing, I took a cd with mp3 files on it and tried it, it didnt work.....guess its a plain regular cd player, going to have to burn them as Audio...

Can anyone advise whether my 2003 sc430 with Mark Levinson sound system is capable of playing a CD that contain MP3 files?

Thanks. I had a feeling. The car is still stored and I did not think to check after I bought it and put it away. I was hoping it may work because when I looked at a 2009 in the dealer showroom it had the exact same markings on the dash (no MP3 / WMA) logo) like you normally see. I had been checking with some car stereo people about putting in an IPOD connector, but noone wants to touch it.

Like you say, have start making the Music CD's again.

Good Luck.

BC

• 3 weeks later...
Hey there, I just got a sc430 and I was wondering the same thing, I took a cd with mp3 files on it and tried it, it didnt work.....guess its a plain regular cd player, going to have to burn them as Audio...
Can anyone advise whether my 2003 sc430 with Mark Levinson sound system is capable of playing a CD that contain MP3 files?

Doesn't Vaistech make an iPod unit for the SC430? You may want to check this out - www.vaistech.com. There are several other threads on other forums that talk about installing it yourself.

Best wishes,

HR