Tire Size For 06 Gs 430

mick6

the abnormal wear is a common complaint on the GS430, as far as I have read it is an alignment issue that sounds like it is hard to resolve on the 430.

Check you tire sizes again, the OEM runflat size was 245/40-18. Secondly, I don't think 240 is a valid width for a tire. They usually come in increments of 10 starting at 185 (195, 205, 215, 215, 225, 234, 245, etc.)

Lastly you most definately can use non-runflats. I dumped mine this past year.

steviej

the abnormal wear is a common complaint on the GS430, as far as I have read it is an alignment issue that sounds like it is hard to resolve on the 430.

Check you tire sizes again, the OEM runflat size was 245/40-18. Secondly, I don't think 240 is a valid width for a tire. They usually come in increments of 10 starting at 185 (195, 205, 215, 215, 225, 234, 245, etc.)

Lastly you most definately can use non-runflats. I dumped mine this past year.

steviej

thanks StevieJ.....would going from 40 to 45 work?

Thanks

Thanks

Not suggested. If you put on a 245/45-18 tire instead of the stock 245/40-18, the car will travel 3.7% faster than what is displayed on the speedo. Most tire shops won't mount a set up that changes the speedo more than 2%.

steviej

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Not suggested. If you put on a 245/45-18 tire instead of the stock 245/40-18, the car will travel 3.7% faster than what is displayed on the speedo. Most tire shops won't mount a set up that changes the speedo more than 2%.

steviej

I did mount mine at Discount Tire today..170 bucks for mounting, spin balancing, tpms rebuild....yuck...replace the 245/40/18 with 245/45/18...In deed, they seem to move faster :) The guy at the shop said that I shouldn't have any problem with the tires except I might experience premature/abnormal wear ...hmm..any body see any negative side effects of using these tires?

Thanks