Cleaned Iacv, Now Overheating And Idle Slightly High

phobang

similar to RX300, i have the es300

i just cleaned myIACV on my 01 ES300, and after driving for a few minutes the temperature starts to increase. thinking its a clamp (though i double checked all clamps are on properly), maybe clamp broke? or should i replace both the intake gasket and the rubber IACV gasket? any other way it could be leaking coolant? some sweet smelling smoke now coming from under the hood (coolant?)

also my idle is now 1000-1500 is there a way to fix that? reposition the magnet plug (read that somewhere) or will it correct itself?

anyone else have these problems?

i just cleaned myIACV on my 01 ES300, and after driving for a few minutes the temperature starts to increase. thinking its a clamp (though i double checked all clamps are on properly), maybe clamp broke? or should i replace both the intake gasket and the rubber IACV gasket? any other way it could be leaking coolant? some sweet smelling smoke now coming from under the hood (coolant?)

also my idle is now 1000-1500 is there a way to fix that? reposition the magnet plug (read that somewhere) or will it correct itself?

Sounds like the IACV gasket is maybe leaking coolant into the intake where the intake air is brought in that controls the idle. Smell the exhaust, see if you have any sweet smell there. You should have none! If you cleaned the IACV properly and there are no vacuum hoses off, it should idle at a normal rate, 700 RPM give or take.

Sounds like the IACV gasket is maybe leaking coolant into the intake where the intake air is brought in that controls the idle. Smell the exhaust, see if you have any sweet smell there. You should have none! If you cleaned the IACV properly and there are no vacuum hoses off, it should idle at a normal rate, 700 RPM give or take. I adjusted the IACV adjustment on my DIL's when I replaced the IACV and it didn't seem to make hardly any difference.

i think i found the problem, gota replace the gaskets.. question, i have the iacv gasket that goes to the throttle body, but is there another round gasket that goes between the coolant recess holes from the throttle body? its not mentioned in this guide and i dont remember seeing one, anyone know?

reference this guide

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-first-g...-fast-iacv.html