Rear Brake Light Help

kald-ES98

Hi,

I'm pretty new here.. just bought a 98 es 2 weeks ago. My brake light indicator on my dash came on yesterday and I had someone hold the brakes for me while I checked to see which light went out. My right brake light doesn't get bright and I was wondering how to replace the bulb and how much it will cost me. help please?

-jon

Hi,

I'm pretty new here.. just bought a 98 es 2 weeks ago. My brake light indicator on my dash came on yesterday and I had someone hold the brakes for me while I checked to see which light went out. My right brake light doesn't get bright and I was wondering how to replace the bulb and how much it will cost me. help please?

-jon

If it's like my wifes 2000, it's cheap and easy. The bulbs are just around $6 - $7 and to replace there are panels behind the lights in the trunk that come out with a turn of a allen wrench. Just twist and turn the light and then replace with the new one. On the brake lights, there are two filaments and one of yours if probably cooked. I'm sure there is a posting on here somewhere that will show you step by step how it is done if this doesn't help.

Good luck.