Lexus Sc400

lampman

on my lexus sc400 the battery started to die every time the alarms turns on. I thing the alarm is killing the battery. Does any one know how to disconect the alarm or what the problem might be. I am asuming that the alarm is causing short circuit somewhere .

on my lexus sc400 the battery started to die every time the alarms turns on. I thing the alarm is killing the battery. Does any one know how to disconect the alarm or what the problem might be. I am asuming that the alarm is causing short circuit somewhere .

Welcome to the club! :cheers: You should indicate the year of your SC in your profile. You've also posted this thread in the LS section.

What condition is your batt in? Check the circuit for a parasitic drain. You could also disable the sensing switch for remote entry.

Welcome to the club! :cheers: You should indicate the year of your SC in your profile. You've also posted this thread in the LS section.

What condition is your batt in? Check the circuit for a parasitic drain. You could also disable the sensing switch for remote entry.

it started doing it 3 days ago it killed the other battery i had in after the alarm turned on the neigbours told me the light stayed on. i put a new battery now and it is porbably the same problem, when the alarm went on and when it stoped it left dash gauges lighted so i had to manually open the door and turn the car on and off and the dash lights went off. i also notice now when this happened when i drive and when i go to park and i turn the car off the dash gauges stat on inside the car and also front lights stay on. i have to i have to lock the door inside twice with lock button and then open the door and turn the car off to turn the dash gauges off and the front lights it seem to work. it is when the alarms goes off it lives gauges on and it seems to be draining the battery.