Power Window Issues

J.R.I.

I am new to this site and I am trying to get some information on my driver side power window. I have a 96 ES300. The window will not roll down. I can hear the motor running when I push the switch down but the window won't do anything. The window also will just slide down while im driving down the road. So if its raining i have to open the door while driving and pull the window up so I dont get soaked. If anyone could give me some advice on how to fix this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

J.R.I.,

The only way to discover what has gone wrong is to remove the inner door panel and the plastic weather shield underneath. That will give you access to see what has let go. From what you describe, it sounds like you've stripped the gears from the motor to the crank assembly that raises and lowers the glass. Used parts are definitely the cheapest way to go. Any driver's door motor assembly from the same series body style (I'm not certain, but 93 to 96?) will fit, and possible Toyota Camry's from the same model years. I would try your local wreckers for a complete motor/window crank assembly. If you have some mechanical ability, the change over is a DIYer. Good Luck!