Automatic Sunroof Not Working

fraped67

I live in Chicago, first day of 50+ weather this year I attempted to open my sunroof. It works but I have to hold down the button the entire time. The automatic feature seems to have stopped working. I have to play with it to make sure it is closed properly. I did have to replace the car's battery this winter, so it was completely powered down. Is there any kind of a reset process to get the automatic feature working properly? It's the same with my windows as well, no automatic operation.

Yes...check your Owner's Manual. As you suspect, there is indeed a reset procedure for the sunroof and windows after a battery change.

I do not remember the procedure off the top of my head, but it is in the Manual and will cover both the sunroof and auto windows.

If you do not have a manual, click the link in my sig. There is a post there on how to get a free replacement or view it online.

Good Luck and welcome to the LOC!

Yes...check your Owner's Manual. As you suspect, there is indeed a reset procedure for the sunroof and windows after a battery change.

I do not remember the procedure off the top of my head, but it is in the Manual and will cover both the sunroof and auto windows.

If you do not have a manual, click the link in my sig. There is a post there on how to get a free replacement or view it online.

Good Luck and welcome to the LOC!

BillyShaft,

You were absolutely correct, THANK YOU. I had already looked in the manual, but overlooked the small paragraph they have dedicated to this subject. After a battery disconnection the sunroof needs to be "normalized". This is done by holding the "tilt up" button down through one complete cycle of the roof. Once I did this, the roof worked fine. I thought I might be looking at a costly repair. My windows are also functioning correctly now????

Again, Thanks for your quick help.