Yokohama Parada Spec-x Tires Vs Michelin Mxv4

sasha055

Hi All,

I need to change my Michelins MXV4 tires and I've been looking for Yokohama Parada Spec-x.

Spec-X have excellent reviews everywhere, the only problem is that all reviews are form heavy truck owners, I want to hear if someone had experience with them on a luxury SUV.

I'm interested mostly in ride comfort without trading too much performance?

Which one should I go? they cost almost the same (5$ difference for 235/55R18)

So if anyone swithced form OEM Michelins to Spec-x can ou please tell me:

1. Which one is more comfortable?

2. Which has better handling

3. Which has better thread life?

..4. Which looks better:)

Thanks a lot

Sasha

Could you also list approx price on any tires being recommended.

My 2004 has 90k miles and I need to replace the replacement Goodyears. I am leaning to buying the Michelin (MXV4) or similar. I want quiet and all weather, not off-roading or high performance.

Who recommends what? Is there a link that I can read what others have been doing/buying.

Thanks. David :D

I just replaced my Michelins MXV4 (I have RX330 wheels/tires on my RX300) with Falken Ziex ZE-512 for about $151/each. The difference was night and day... quieter on the road, smoother, and handle better. I got them right before the big storm hit here in the PNW and they were great in the slushy ice and snow. So far, I'm very happy with them... although, I've read where tread life isn't that long, but I'll take great ride, performance, and quietness before extra long tread life.

If you are looking for feedback/reviews on the Yoko's, go to www.discounttire.com, look up the Yoko's in our size ($194/each), and they have a feedback section there with input from Infinity FX35 drivers, Mazda CX-7 drivers, Nissan Murano drivers, and other crossover luxury passenger vehicles. They've gotten good reviews from all.

• 3 months later...
Could you also list approx price on any tires being recommended.

My 2004 has 90k miles and I need to replace the replacement Goodyears. I am leaning to buying the Michelin (MXV4) or similar. I want quiet and all weather, not off-roading or high performance.

Who recommends what? Is there a link that I can read what others have been doing/buying.

Thanks. David :

I replaced the original bridgstones at 30000 with mxv4 and replacrd those after 60000 with the exact same tire. I have 140000 miles on the '99 RX300 and the tires look new. Rougher ride than the bridgstones but I'm completely happy with the mxv4.

Hi All,

I need to change my Michelins MXV4 tires and I've been looking for Yokohama Parada Spec-x.

Spec-X have excellent reviews everywhere, the only problem is that all reviews are form heavy truck owners, I want to hear if someone had experience with them on a luxury SUV.

I'm interested mostly in ride comfort without trading too much performance?

Which one should I go? they cost almost the same (5$ difference for 235/55R18)

So if anyone swithced form OEM Michelins to Spec-x can ou please tell me:

1. Which one is more comfortable?

2. Which has better handling

3. Which has better thread life?

..4. Which looks better:)

Thanks a lot

Sasha

I would go with the michelin`s :)