What Should I Sell My Gs400 For?

Hey everyone, I just bought my 2000 GS400 in May for $10,750. Now, I'm in a rough spot financially and have to sell it because it needs a wheel bearing on the front passenger wheel. I can't afford to fix it. So what would be a good price to market it for with that problem? It is a 2000 with 144K on it, it's REALLY clean. Has no NAV, it's white with the sport 17 inch wheels and spoiler. I tuned it up with new NGK's mobil 1 syntheic oil and new K&N air filter. I'm going to shine her up real good this week. And before I post it, I wanted to know what would be a good starting point. I know I'm going to lose but I don't want to lose too much.

It seems like a shame to sell the car just for that. Who diagnosed that? Maybe it's a bad tire or something. A local shop could take the knuckle off and press the bearing out and replace for a lot cheaper than the dealer. That way you wouldn't have to buy the whole hub. You will probably have to ask only about $7000 according to KBB. When I sold my 98 GS300 KBB was inline with what I was able to get for it. But that was back when the economy was good and the car I sold only had 70k on it.

It seems like a shame to sell the car just for that. Who diagnosed that? Maybe it's a bad tire or something. A local shop could take the knuckle off and press the bearing out and replace for a lot cheaper than the dealer. That way you wouldn't have to buy the whole hub. You will probably have to ask only about $7000 according to KBB. When I sold my 98 GS300 KBB was inline with what I was able to get for it. But that was back when the economy was good and the car I sold only had 70k on it.

That would utterly suck if I couldn't even get 7 for it. But the dealership diagnosed it.

Well I suppose the dealer would know. How much did they want to do it? I see you can get the part from Advance Auto Parts for $55 bearing and seal. You can get the whole hub from Sewell Lexus in Texas for 145 and I believe you wouldn't have to press the bearing out that way, just replace the hub. That would be easy DIY.

Well I suppose the dealer would know. How much did they want to do it? I see you can get the part from Advance Auto Parts for $55 bearing and seal. You can get the whole hub from Sewell Lexus in Texas for 145 and I believe you wouldn't have to press the bearing out that way, just replace the hub. That would be easy DIY.

Really.... I am quite handy, I normally work on my own cars. The dealer said $1,500. Then this other shop said $740. I read up on this before on this forum, and if it gets too bad the wheel will fall off. I can fix this myself?

Really.... I am quite handy, I normally work on my own cars. The dealer said $1,500. Then this other shop said $740. I read up on this before on this forum, and if it gets too bad the wheel will fall off. I can fix this myself?

You can probably get around 10K for it. http://www.globalautosports.com/index.cfm?..._came_from=make

The link you use is simply private seller asking prices. KBB uses data of actual cars sold in your specific area. It's what buyers will use (or Edmunds.com, NADA.com) to negotiate a price when you are selling. Edmunds says 7300. Also, this car will not pass Maryland State Inspection, so the person buying (if the seller is honest) will be buying with the knowledge that they will have to put out money for repairs (and possibly more if there are other unseen inspection items as Maryland is very tough with inspection) before they can even get tags for the car.

You can probably get around 10K for it. http://www.globalautosports.com/index.cfm?..._came_from=make

The link you use is simply private seller asking prices. KBB uses data of actual cars sold in your specific area. It's what buyers will use (or Edmunds.com, NADA.com) to negotiate a price when you are selling. Edmunds says 7300. Also, this car will not pass Maryland State Inspection, so the person buying (if the seller is honest) will be buying with the knowledge that they will have to put out money for repairs (and possibly more if there are other unseen inspection items as Maryland is very tough with inspection) before they can even get tags for the car.

Well, as for inspection, I just bought the car in May, and had it inspected and asked them to be THOROUGH. They said it was tip top, all I needed was a gas cap. I've only put 2K on the car since then. And I have this ball joint issue. But i've decided to fix it myself, and then put it up for sale. I also live in Atlanta now where there is no inspection.