Transmission Fluid

danylo

I would like to find out what should happen to the car (lexus es 330) if transmission fluid is gone?

Should any control go on? Is the car smart enough to know it shouldn't start up?

I was looking for answers on the web and also on this forum but couldn't find anything...

I would like to find out what should happen to the car (lexus es 330) if transmission fluid is gone?

Should any control go on? Is the car smart enough to know it shouldn't start up?

I was looking for answers on the web and also on this forum but couldn't find anything...

No fluid in transmission would not make car not start because starting has nothing to do with transmission. Depends if you are trying to put car in "D" and try to accdelerate it would not move now if you were in driving range motion and no fluid I assume transmission would lock up.

No fluid in transmission would not make car not start because starting has nothing to do with transmission. Depends if you are trying to put car in "D" and try to accdelerate it would not move now if you were in driving range motion and no fluid I assume transmission would lock up.

It didn't, car was not accelerating as usual, but was.. moving. Also, as I mention before, no control went on indicating something is going on...