Mp3 On Cd

I just got my RX400. :D . Thanks to some of you who help of my decision. Very happy. Now I have another question.

I am trying to put MP3 music on a CD. I can put about 175 songs on one 700MB recordable CD using the Vista OS. But the RX400 system would play the music. I burned on two CDs, but no luck. When I play the CD from the PC, the Window Media Player is able to play the songs. What did I do wrong? When I play it on the Rx400, the unit read the CD and at the end it shows, No music. :angry: Basically, after I insert the blank CD and then drag and drop the music on the CD folder, it is how it works?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg

Maybe try limiting the CD format to ISO9660+Joliet, and no UDF.

I'm not sure if Vista defaults to making UDF filesystem on new CDs.

I know that I burned a DVD with MP3s (who uses CDs anymore) and I think THAT defaulted to UDF and didn't play with similar message as you describe.

I made a couple CDs with ISO9660 with filenames like track001.mp3 -> track099.mp3 and it worked.

Make sure you are using MP3. I burn mine through ITunes and they work just fine on my Rx400

The player supports several formats and I prefer wma. Be sure to close the cd or finalize it. I haven't used built in Vista tools to do this but if your still having issues, send me an email.