No Power To Stereo

awake

I have looked for a solution to my problem everywhere and can't seem to find one. A few days ago I was all set to install a new head unit in my 1999 Es300. I got the vents and the stock unit out, just to test out the new unit I hooked up the rcas from the metra wire harness to the head unit and all other necessary wire crimped. I turned my car to acc and the radio did not start on its own so I powered ont he head unit and it started up. I turned the knob to see if the speaker connections were right, I could hear the volume knob clicks as I turned it up and down, sounded very clear. Stupid me was holding the radio because the antenna wires are too short to rest the head unit on the seat. As I tilted the radio it began to short, since I didn't want to blow anything up I went to turn off the car and the radio completely turned off. I turned the car back on to see if the radio still worked, nothing, hit power, nothing. Fearing that I broke my new HU I replaced it with he stock stereo had everything connected and tucked back into the dash. I turn my car on and the ac works and everything, except I get no power to my stereo at all. I've checked all the radio fuses, under the hood and behind the change pocket, they're all good. Did I blow my amp? Did I miss a fuse?

TL:DR Replaced stock stereo with aftermarket HU and shorted something out, replaced with stock stereo and it will no longer power on.

Thanks in advance, I really can't stand driving around with headphones around my neck.

Awake,

You obviously blew a fuse or fried a wire somewhere. I suggest that you visit those radio fuses again and change them, even if they look good. Been there and had to do it myself, and discovered a fuse that looked good, but had actually melted through where it wasn't easily seen. It only showed up on a multimetre. If you still get no juice, check the wiring harness for continuity. Could there be a fusable link in that harness somewhere? A factory service manual should tell the tale. Be sure to check your Accessory fuses as well, since the radio needs one constant 12 volt supply that is live at all times, that keeps the station memory and audio settings, and another separate 12 volt supply that turns the radio on and runs it when the ignition or Acc switch is on with the key. Usually that live all the time power wire is yellow to orange in colour, while the switched power line is red. Perhaps that live all the time 12 volt supply line is dead, and is needed to fire up the other 12 volt supply when you push the power switch.