Ipod Integration Problem

Please help....

I just got my brand new RX 400h (which i must say is a fantastic car) with all the nav system, and the preinstalled ipod connection. On the website it says that i can control, from the console, the artist, song title etc.

All that mine shows is 6 round icons on the nav screen numbered 1 to 6, without any text. How do i get it to display song name and artist (at least)?

I dont know what is the model that was installed, but i suppose its the standard one which they are shipping out with the rx400h....

please help me......

Please help....

I just got my brand new RX 400h (which i must say is a fantastic car) with all the nav system, and the preinstalled ipod connection. On the website it says that i can control, from the console, the artist, song title etc.

All that mine shows is 6 round icons on the nav screen numbered 1 to 6, without any text. How do i get it to display song name and artist (at least)?

I dont know what is the model that was installed, but i suppose its the standard one which they are shipping out with the rx400h....

please help me......

Is the i-pod music coming through at all & info not showing up?

if not push disc button again and see if it works and i-pod shows up!

Otherwise check with the installer on how to work!

My Vais unit works just fine!

Please help....

please help me......

Is the i-pod music coming through at all & info not showing up?

if not push disc button again and see if it works and i-pod shows up!

Otherwise check with the installer on how to work!

My Vais unit works just fine!

THanks larry, the music comes out - the sound is fine, its just a matter of not having song titles, playlists, or artists names on the screen......

I installed the Peripheral HD Radio with the IPOD adapter on the RX and it works very well. Have you pressed the TEXT buttom? You might have to press it a couple of times to cycle to the correct setting.

If by the text button you meen the one at the bottom of the cassette deck - yes ive done that. not much use.........

If you have Mark Levinson audio that is all what you will get. Lexus iPod adapter does not work that way. I have the same problem and I consider

to replace it with http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1264 or with http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Lexus_Ic...ink_Gateway_100

that's incredible, cause on the website of lexuz it says that i should be able to see the track name and artist....and that's the premise on which i bought the adaptor. thank you for your reply.