2002 Es 300 Mark Levinson Amp Problems

Hi all , have recently had problems with my audio cutting in and out periodically. Took it to a dealer in sask canada where i live and all they did was tell me that the amp is shot

and will have to be replaced ,2500 bucks.. i dont think so... after doing a lot of research on the net for amp replace ment...ie ebay and parts locator.. i was able to locate a couple

amps in the states for substantionally less( new in the box) now my lexus dealer said there is no way to test these type of amps because they have mark levinsons name on

them (only lexus dealers can do this) he said.. many local audio shops

said they would not work on the problem. i was thinking it could be some solder joint problems, and could get a electronics tech to check this out relatively easily.. what do you think

guys im sure there some smart guys here that have some input. funny thing is i asked the mechanics what they did to test it.. and all they said was when they started the car up ,

they had no power to the amp,, and then they gave it a rap (as he put it) they didnt do any thing internally to it. question ? do they look at circuit boards at lexus dealers in your

area, or do they just replace.. mine said they dont fixit they just replace when there is a problem.. so i removed the amp (located in the truck on the right side behind panel) for

anyone who has had problems finding it. took two connectors off and voila.. any other brain stormign for this problem whould be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hi all , have recently had problems with my audio cutting in and out periodically. Took it to a dealer in sask canada where i live and all they did was tell me that the amp is shot

and will have to be replaced ,2500 bucks.. i dont think so... after doing a lot of research on the net for amp replace ment...ie ebay and parts locator.. i was able to locate a couple

amps in the states for substantionally less( new in the box) now my lexus dealer said there is no way to test these type of amps because they have mark levinsons name on

said they would not work on the problem. i was thinking it could be some solder joint problems, and could get a electronics tech to check this out relatively easily.. what do you think

guys im sure there some smart guys here that have some input. funny thing is i asked the mechanics what they did to test it.. and all they said was when they started the car up ,

they had no power to the amp,, and then they gave it a rap (as he put it) they didnt do any thing internally to it. question ? do they look at circuit boards at lexus dealers in your

area, or do they just replace.. mine said they dont fixit they just replace when there is a problem.. so i removed the amp (located in the truck on the right side behind panel) for

anyone who has had problems finding it. took two connectors off and voila.. any other brain stormign for this problem whould be appreciated.

-------------------

Are you still loocking to fix your amp?

there is a place in NEW JERSEY deals with Lexus amps.

if you need any info email: jular07@hotmail.com