Es330 Wheel Fitment

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, but not new to modding cars. I am currently trying to help a friend find a set of wheels for a 2005 ES 330. I went through over ten pages using the search function but was not able to locate the information I'm looking for (forgive me if I just blatently missed it). Anyways, I'm trying to see if an 18x8 ET40mm wheel with 225 or 235/45/18's will fit without having any rubbing issues. Also, how well will an 18 inch wheel fill out the wheel well? I'm looking for a pretty aggressive look and fitment but with little to no rubbing. With the standard suspension, is there going to be a lot of gap between the tire and the wheel well? Has anyone lowered their car to get rid of the gap? If so, did you use lowering springs or get a new suspension? I know that springs are not usually recommended because they decrease the life of your shocks... Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out! And here is a little eye candy... my car, b7 Audi A4 with coilovers, 19" O.Z. Ultraleggeras, and some other things...

2445186890103514221S600x600Q85.jpg

I speak from experience of a 2002 ES, but it is virtually the same body as the 2005. The stock wheel on the 2005 is either a 16" or 17" wheel depending on the package. The gap with the stock tire appears less on the 2005 than there was with the 2002 ES.

The 40mm offset will work fine, but do NOT go with the 235 tire. Go with the 225. I put a set of 235s on my 02 and with an adult in the back seat if I hit a bump or dip in the road, the outside of the tire would scrape the inside edge of the fender. The 225 would just clear it.

Here are some shots of my previous 02 with 18"s and a totally stock suspension.

steviej

post-688-1227928858_thumb.jpg

post-688-1227928873_thumb.jpg

post-688-1227928919_thumb.jpg