Used 2006 Gs300 With 27,000 Miles

My GS300 engine and VSC warning lights come on, and thanks to this forum I was able to pinpoint the problem, the gas cap was broken but at fisrt look it din't appear to be, it made all the right sound while closing or opening the dealer checked it and replaced it for free . thanks

I am going in on Monday to have my GS checked out. Friday morning, my Check Engine light and Orange Exclamation Point light came on and the multi-display said Check VSC. After reading your post, I remembered that I had filled up with gas late Wednesday night. I put the gas cap on, but something did not feel right, so I tightened it again to make sure I heard the clicking.

I just went outside and undid the gas cap and re-tightened it, but the lights are still on. Maybe a coincidence, but I am going to have them look at the cap first.

--Duckman

They told me that the gas cap was not holding any pressure. They un-did it...retested the pressure and it was holding. I have never had a problem with a gas cap before and I have no idea what I did incorrectly when I put the cap back on. Anyway, if it happens again, they said to bring it back and they will replace the cap.

--Duckman

They told me that the gas cap was not holding any pressure. They un-did it...retested the pressure and it was holding. I have never had a problem with a gas cap before and I have no idea what I did incorrectly when I put the cap back on. Anyway, if it happens again, they said to bring it back and they will replace the cap.

--Duckman

I had this problem with my '08 GS350 and after twice saying it was the gas cap, the third time it happened (within a couple hundred miles) they checked a lot deeper and found out that it was a bad charcoal cannister. I haven't had the problem return in several thousand miles now. So if you take it in several times and they keep saying it's the gas cap (and you know you're closing it correctly), ask them to try looking at the charcoal cannister...