2000 Es300 Scheduled Maintenance

bedunham

The 2000 ES300 scheduled maintenance information comes in a supplemental manual to the owner's manual, and I've seriously misplaced it. Does anyone know where I can find that supplemental manual online?

Also, has anyone had experience with Gullo Toyota in the Houston area? I'm considering taking my car there for maintenance.

Finally, my car has about 110k miles on it, and I'm (belatedly) getting the timing belt changed. To have the water pump changed as well, I've been quoted an additional price of $320. Assuming the water pump has no discernable problems currently, does it make sense to spend the additional $ to have it replaced? Thanks.

The 2000 ES300 scheduled maintenance information comes in a supplemental manual to the owner's manual, and I've seriously misplaced it. Does anyone know where I can find that supplemental manual online?

Also, has anyone had experience with Gullo Toyota in the Houston area? I'm considering taking my car there for maintenance.

Finally, my car has about 110k miles on it, and I'm (belatedly) getting the timing belt changed. To have the water pump changed as well, I've been quoted an additional price of $320. Assuming the water pump has no discernable problems currently, does it make sense to spend the additional $ to have it replaced? Thanks.

go to www.lexus.com, register under the "owners" section and then the manual is viewable/downloadable in PDF form or you can request a new manual be sent to you.

There is a split view on the WP. I had mine done at 90k with the TB simply because it saves having to do it if it breaks after the TB replacement. The cost later will be greater than the cost doing it now because they are in the area of the WP when they are doing the TB so the labor rate is minimal if combined now. (did that make sense?). Other people will say don't do it until it breaks, WPs have been know to make it to 200k miles if the coolant system is flushed properly and timely. I just don't want to have the water pump go on me at 3am on a desolate highway.

steviej