Looking To Buy Gs430 - Inlighten Me

Hello all... newbie here.

I'm looking to buy a 2001 - 2004 GS 430 loaded with the NAV, etc. I've seen a few here in the LA area going for around $18-20,000 with only 40-50,000 miles on them. Is this a good buy?

I think I know quite a bit about them, but is there anything I should be aware of? Does the NAV have Bluetooth so I can connect my cell phone to the car stereo?

Any help is appreciated... I'm a Jeep guy, so Lexus is new to me. They don't make a 4x4 GS 430 do they? :)

ok... the first thing you can "inlighten" me on is how to spell 'enlighten' correctly

Hello all... newbie here.

I'm looking to buy a 2001 - 2004 GS 430 loaded with the NAV, etc. I've seen a few here in the LA area going for around $18-20,000 with only 40-50,000 miles on them. Is this a good buy?

I think I know quite a bit about them, but is there anything I should be aware of? Does the NAV have Bluetooth so I can connect my cell phone to the car stereo?

Any help is appreciated... I'm a Jeep guy, so Lexus is new to me. They don't make a 4x4 GS 430 do they? :)

ok... the first thing you can "inlighten" me on is how to spell 'enlighten' correctly

welcome to the club. yeah thats a fairly good deal IMO. IF its a CPO, I guess its still a good deal even if its not but with the way the economy is and gas prices if u haggle or shop around you should be able to find some cheaper. r u sure its 40-50k on it? i have a 2001 gs430 with the ML stereo and nav i bought about a year and half ago with 72k and it now ALMOST has 100000 (its at 97,000 but i drive alot and go on many trips) that mileage just seems really low so make sure its all legit. i always recommend carfax's and what not if its a CPO u wont have to worry about it, if its at a dealer alot of dealers provide u a carfax IF u request one. make sure if u looking for a certain color then, thats what u get if not u wont be happy. me i wanted a black on black or a white on black or my fav exterior color the blue on black (not sure if they made these) but i was impatient and couldn't pass up the price/condition of the car i did buy. im happy with it but i still yearn for a black on black, white on black or the exclusive mica blue (or is it spectra blue) on black. no in this generation they didn't make a 4x4 (im assuming you meant to say all wheel drive as cars dont have 4x4 :D ) nothing really 2 know bout them, make sure its maint up2date and it appears well maintained. if its not a CPO ask if u can have a independnt mechanic look at it. i did and glad i didnt buy the gs400 blue gs as it needed new cats, o2 sensors, had 100k and independant dealer still wanted 13000

Good info. What about the 2006 models? If I can get a 2006 over a 2004, should I? Is one really any better than the other or are they basically the same, except the obvious body styling? Does anyone know the difference between the model years?

I'm looking for an entry level luxury car and I'm pretty sure the GS430 is the best car for the money. I like Benz, but I'm not as confident about thier quality and maintainence cost. Not really sure I'd consider anything else.

Good info. What about the 2006 models? If I can get a 2006 over a 2004, should I? Is one really any better than the other or are they basically the same, except the obvious body styling? Does anyone know the difference between the model years?

I'm looking for an entry level luxury car and I'm pretty sure the GS430 is the best car for the money. I like Benz, but I'm not as confident about thier quality and maintainence cost. Not really sure I'd consider anything else.

dont know much about the 3rd gen gs series. i heard they handle like a !Removed! even with that tight suspension and they have some silly quirks with the auto sensor on windshield wipors etc etc. ask around n the 3gs section they might be able to help u better