92 Es300-car Is Shaking And More

Kingmag2006

Hello Everybody,

My new problem on my 1992 es300 is as i drive when i make a stop the car is shaking,and i hear a funny noise when i drive,does anybody know what can cause this?

And heres a new one 4 me,when i'm at a red light or stop sign,it takes like 10 sec for it to go,can someone help me please i'm dont want to quit and sell my car,cuz i love the lexus,every lexus owner knows that lexus is the best,please help

Kingmag2006,

The shaking you are feeling when braking is very common and almost always front brake related. Usually it means that the front rotors are warped and need replacing, as well as the front pads. Sometimes the rotors get glazed from overheating and it causes the pulsing you feel. In this case, if the rotors aren't too thin, they can be ground down to remove the glazing. Sometimes the shaking is the result of a sticking caliper, that either needs its slide pins freed up because of lack of lubricant, or water in the caliper's brake fluid that has rusted the piston, causing it to grab and release abnormally. Regardless, I'll bet that your brakes need attention. At 17 years old your car should have had its brakes flushed at least 3 times since new. I'm betting your hasn't, hence the problems. The funny noise when you drive could be anything, but most likely is brake related, meaning either one caliper isn't releasing when you take your foot off of the brake pedal, or a pad is rusted in place and is dragging on its rotor. Its easy to find. Drive several miles, get out of the car and find the rotor that's overheating. Be careful not to burn your hand.

As for the lag time when accelerating from a stop, your car needs to have its computer scanned. The codes will tell you what needs fixing, new plugs, failing injector, throttle position sensor, etc. Good Luck!