Six Disk Changer Isn't Working

petersel25

I have a 2005 LX470. I left the sunroof open one day and it rained hard! Since then my radio controls for the rear passengers (the control panel on the rear of the center counsel) don't work, they don't seem to have power to them. And the 6 disk changer in the center counsel doesn't work. When I push CD on the radio panel a message comes up on the navigation screen, "External Device Not Connected". HELP!!!! If you have any ideas or a similar problem let me know. I would love to listen to cds again. Thanks!

• 10 months later...
I have a 2005 LX470. I left the sunroof open one day and it rained hard! Since then my radio controls for the rear passengers (the control panel on the rear of the center counsel) don't work, they don't seem to have power to them. And the 6 disk changer in the center counsel doesn't work. When I push CD on the radio panel a message comes up on the navigation screen, "External Device Not Connected". HELP!!!! If you have any ideas or a similar problem let me know. I would love to listen to cds again. Thanks!

I have a 2002 LX470, where I disconnected the CD/DVD Changer. I get the same message. The Changer has a cable coming out of it extending ~ 20" and mates to a cable that goes up behind the dash. The connector (18 pin) is located underneath the center console section. This is where I disconnected the cable from the CD/DVD Changer. It is possible you have a bad connection due to the water ingress. I would suggest accessing the connector and cleaning the contacts.

The connector for the rear radio controls are also located in the same general area. You will have to remove the trim piece that houses the rr control and cup holder.