Seat Problems - '95 Sc400

arielscar

Am trying to repair the driver side electric seat on my '95 SC400. Not sure exactly what's wrong with it but it seems out of alignment and scrunches up the plastic moulding on the left side track when it is in it's farthest back position - and it seems to rock from side to side a slight bit. I found a small steel roller pin behind the seat one day and I'm sure it's from the seat track on one side or another. I am "reasonably mechanical" and bought a complete lower seat assembly on ebay (everything except the seat back cushion) and am now attempting to take it apart so that I can use the same skills after I remove the wobbly seat from the car to fix it - plus I will be able to scavenge and use whatever parts I need from the salvaged seat. However, the seat is very complex and I wasn't even able to get the seat cushion off today, although I was able to partially remove some of the trim and control knobs. Very slow going! Is there a tutorial on the electric seats somewhere? That would be a great help to me as I try to get this thing working properly. Thanks, dg.