Want To Know About The Rx300

kowboydmac

I just want to know the good, bad and ugly of these.

Locally I've noticed one for 7500 and I want an suv and always liked the styling.

Anyone have a black one with some black rims? I think that would be a nice combo but never seen one "hooked up" before.

Solid rig all around except for weak trannies in the '99-'00 years. Most have experienced other little failures like coil packs going out, but that's an easy fix/replacement. Also, ventilation solenoids under the dash tend to 'rumble' like they are searching for the right position... it makes a noise, but rarely effects performance. Can't think of anything else that is majorly problematic.

On the plus side, they are a great balance of power, performance, size, ride, agility, and more... they could get a little better on the fuel economy side, but they aren't bad. They aren't much of any off-roader, but a great all-season ride.

Here's a thread with some pictures of early model RX's on various rims. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=52208