Hello Everyone, Need Some Help W/ My Rx.

NYC_Felix

Hello Everyone,

New to the world of Lexus, and especially for maintenance, out of all the research this forum looks to be best for useful information.

I personally do not own a Lexus, but My father has recently purchased 2003 Rx 300.

Since the purchase of the car, day one their was a lot of replacement and a good tune up. Since we are not sure what the previous owner did.

One thing I am stuck with is replacing the Spark Plugs. Does anybody have some pictures or a how to replacement the spark plugs on a 03 RX.

Appreciate all the help and tips, and hopefully have a good stay on this forum.

Thank You.

-Felix.

(I provide Fender Rolling Service in the NYC Area)

Oh, spark plug replacement is a quite the job... the front bank are cake, the rear leave something to be desired. For the fronts, just remove the engine cover, remove the coil packs, then remove/replace your plugs.

It's the back three plugs that are buggars. Best thing to do is have a nice combination of ratchet extensions (3" & 4" are best), possibly a stubby or hinged ratchet wrench, and remove the cruise control mounting bracket and relocate during the job to give you more room back behind the intake plenum. You have to snake your hands back behind the intake plenum, remove the individual coil packs (just like on the front bank) and work 'blind' back in there to make your way. It's not that hard per-say, but rather it's just tight with very little room to move a wrench around. Take your time, be patient, and you should be able to complete the job in an hour an a half on average (that's 15 minutes for the fronts, an hour and fifteen for the rear).