Lexus Es 300 Won't Back Up

msamosj

On Oct 17, 2008, I was backing up in to my driveway and my Lexus would not move. I was so embrassed. So I called my husband to come outside and try to either fix the problem, or get my car off the end of the crib. He manage to get it from off of the crib and I thought that that was it. Well every where that I went I had to back in or drive in and could not move my car. Can anyone out there please help me with this problem. My car is a 1994 Lexus Es 300 It was in top condition before this happen. I always took it to Lexus Of New Orleans to get my routine mainatence done on it. :o

I had a similar problem with not being able to go in reverse (2000 ES). This would happen every once in a while. After talking with a few technicians, they indicated that the shifter is connected to a cable and sometimes that cable gets stuck. They recommended that I shift the car down to it's lowest gears and back up to Park a few times to loosen the cable. After doing this a few times, I was able to get the car back into reverse. I do this 1-2 times a month and have not had an issue since.

Hope this helps.

I had a similar problem with not being able to go in reverse (2000 ES). This would happen every once in a while. After talking with a few technicians, they indicated that the shifter is connected to a cable and sometimes that cable gets stuck. They recommended that I shift the car down to it's lowest gears and back up to Park a few times to loosen the cable. After doing this a few times, I was able to get the car back into reverse. I do this 1-2 times a month and have not had an issue since.

Hope this helps.

My car will not shift into any gear. I was driving down the road last night and stopped at a light... shifted my car into park, turned it off and then started it right back up. After that it would not move out of park.

The only thing I nocticed odd was the ALT fuse in the hood was completely fried! Melted to the ponit where I couldnt even remove the fuse.

Do you have a clue to what u think is wrong here?

What would cause the ALT fuse to burn out like this, and will that fuse cause the car to completey lock up like this?