Gs300

My Lexus has been stuck in park and I pretty much know the problem but need to know if I can fixm it or how much it would cost to get it fixed. I have a steep driveway at my home and I started parking in the driveway due to us having to put things in the garage. I have to use a screwdriver to pop the gearshifter into neutral after I start it. There is no clicking when I push the break in and my brakelights are not working. Does anyone know if this is something that I can fix or would I need to take it in? Is it just about replacing the Solinoid?

** Moved to the GS forum. I think you'll get more help there.

Smooth 1

What year is the GS, I could not find the year in your profile? This was moved to the 06-09 GS forum so I have to assume it is a 3rd generation GS. If so, is it not still under warranty? If it is pre 2006, then I will move this to the proper forum. You problem is most likely the park/brake switch or the park pin. Probably not something you want to get into in your driveway. Take it in, but don't tell them you have been parking on a steep driveway.....just avoid any potential haggles.

Just a hint when parking, especially on a hill. Don't use the tranny to hold the car in place. Pull up to where you are going to park, keep your foot on the regular brake, then engage the parking brake, then put the car in Park. This puts the blunt of the force on the parking brake and not on the park pin in the tranny.

steviej