Purchase Decisions

Phil B.

Most of the purchase options at the time of financing seem riduculous ($1300 protectant for seats or $1200 plastic protectant for the front). However, two caught my eye... I took advantage of one of them and am thinking about the other:

- Lexus Credit Card: They offered me to put $5000 of my purchase on a new Lexus credit card, and then they would give me $800 to spend anywhere in the dealership, including the service department. The card has 6 months of zero interest. So you can pay it off in six months, interest free, and get $800 back. Seemed like a no brainer and recommend it to others, I just need to remember to cancel the card after I pay it off.

- $1825 for prepaid service up to 50K miles. They tell me it's equivalent to $2400 value if they price out all the services. For those that like to have service at the dealer, I think this is a good deal. I plan on actually putting the $800 credit from the credit card towards the purchase of this deal, so that would make it $1000 for 50K miles worth of service. Do you guys think this price is negotiable? Has anyone here taken advantage of this deal?