96 Es Power Door Locks

atlman

I need help the switch on my driver and passenger only works to lock the car and not unlock. If I want to unlock the door I have to reach around and manually do them. I have looks at the fuse and I am wondering if I should be looking for some type of module or something. As well as my passenger door only opens from the inside I have seen this problem on any other cars but don't know whats the cause of it. I need help

I'm certain the fuse is not your problem. If it was, you wouldn't be able to lock the doors from the switches. Since door locks work on an actuator that works in both directions (one to lock, the other to close) I would think that you have two dirty lock switches. If you can't hear any movement from inside the doors when you push the switches to the unlock position, then no current is getting to the actuator. First disconnect the battery. Try spraying electrical contact cleaner into the switches and cycle them several times. Do it twice, and then wait 10 minutes to give the cleaner time to evaporate. Reconnect the battery and try unlocking the doors with the switches. You might even have to remove the switches from the door panels, in order to get the spray into any cracks or openings on the switches, if it can't be done with them in their normal positions in the door panel. As far as your outside door handle not opening the door, while the inside handle does, this means that the rod from the outside handle to the lock assembly has come disconnected from the lock assembly, or is bent. If bent, it just needs to be shaped. If it has fallen off, usually a small plastic clip has broken or come undone and fallen to the bottom of the door. (You might even find it there at the bottom of the door!) Obviously to correct the problem, you'll have to remove the interior door panel to get at it. Good Luck!

I'm certain the fuse is not your problem. If it was, you wouldn't be able to lock the doors from the switches. Since door locks work on an actuator that works in both directions (one to lock, the other to close) I would think that you have two dirty lock switches. If you can't hear any movement from inside the doors when you push the switches to the unlock position, then no current is getting to the actuator. First disconnect the battery. Try spraying electrical contact cleaner into the switches and cycle them several times. Do it twice, and then wait 10 minutes to give the cleaner time to evaporate. Reconnect the battery and try unlocking the doors with the switches. You might even have to remove the switches from the door panels, in order to get the spray into any cracks or openings on the switches, if it can't be done with them in their normal positions in the door panel. As far as your outside door handle not opening the door, while the inside handle does, this means that the rod from the outside handle to the lock assembly has come disconnected from the lock assembly, or is bent. If bent, it just needs to be shaped. If it has fallen off, usually a small plastic clip has broken or come undone and fallen to the bottom of the door. (You might even find it there at the bottom of the door!) Obviously to correct the problem, you'll have to remove the interior door panel to get at it. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot will do that and let you know