2001 Es300 Rear Breaks

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. Here is my problem.

I have a 2001 ES300. I am in the process of applying new pads and rotors all the way around. The front was easy, The rears are more difficult. I installed the new rotors and the rear pads seem too thick. The rotor is installed correctly. The piston all the way in. When I install the new pads on both sides, there is not enough clearance for the rotor. Dis anyone run into this problem before?

I just had this on my RX300 the other weekend. I thought the piston was pushed all the way in, but what happened was I cranked down the piston in the caliper with my little handy-dandy tool, but then took it off too soon, and after a few moments when I was ready to install in over the pads, the piston creeped back out leading me to think the pads were too wide or something. It took me a second, but upon reinspecting the caliper piston, I saw it had drifted back out a little bit. The fix was to use the piston compressor tool to push down the piston, then let it sit for a minute or so with the piston tool in the fully-compressed position. Then, when you release the pressure from the tool, the piston will stay.

It's worth double checking.

post-34901-1223414296_thumb.jpg