2006 Gs300 And T-mobile Motorola V8 (razr2)

I previously had a Verizon KRZR paired up to my 2006 GS300 w/nav and ML.

All worked great. I was able to transfer one contact at a time to the Lexus, and the screen showed about 10 characters of the name, and the number. Good enough! :)

I just switched to T-Mobile for a plan that better suits my usage. I got a RAZR2 (V8). I am able to pair it up and transfer numbers, but JUST numbers. It does not pass on the name.

I downloaded (and followed) the phone specific instructions from the Lexus website. I asked T-Mobile, they suggested first copying the numbers from the phone to the SIM card, and then try to transfer them. It did not make a difference.

Has anyone had success adding phone contacts to the Lexus from a T-Mobile phone (with name)? What phone works? Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks, boB

I would like to know too. I don't even know how to transfer my contacts to my system. 2006 GS430.

You get to the phone screen (push the off-hook button on the steering wheel, or Info button on the center console>then Phone), then on the screen, press Setup. There is a button to Transfer Phone Directory. After you press that, you send from your phone. Verizon and T-Mobile only let you send a contact at a time, I heard others (???) let you send the whole directory. Anyway, go to a contact on your phone, and press Options, and scroll to SEND TO (varies by phone) Bluetooth.

Like I wrote above, both T-Mobile and Verizon let me transfer contacts, but the T-Mobile did not pass on the name to go along with the number. I called T-Mobile and Lexus, and neither could help. The Lexus rep asked another rep and he had the same results. Later that day I borrowed a friends AT&T phone, and it transfered both name and number (like my Verizon phone) properly. I am guessing T-Mobile locks down it's bluetooth security too much, but *maybe* it is model specific?

• 2 weeks later...

Funny i have the same problem but i swear it transferred all at one time when i first got the car im jsut uncertain how i did it last time cuz i would of remembered that i had to put in each contact one by one n would of been *BLEEP*ed! Oh btw im a verizon customer n i also sport the razr2! Im trying to update with my new contacts n unsure how to!

I returned the t-mobile phone and got an at&t razr2 (v9x). it transfers the numbers over like my verizon phone did. good enough :) t-mobile must have extra security on their bluetooth? if you forgot how to transfer numbers, there are cheat sheets on Lexus/bluetooh support page for most phones.