Tpms Sensors With After Market Rims

I was told by the lexus dealership that the sensors may not fit after market rims and that they sometimes won't work with them either? Is this true?

Your dealer is partially right; there is the possibility that the TPM sensors MAY not fit the wheels you are looking at. Just be sure you buy a good quality set that meet all the factory dimensions and you wil be fine. I purchased a set of replica wheels and the sensors fit fine. I was concerned after doing a dry fit but the folks at the Tire Rack (Brandon) really came through for me. They have a TPMS guru there and we exchanged photos with the result being all is well.

My concern was the fit of the sensors as they seem to float in air inside the wheel/tire with no support other than the valve stem itself. This is in fact OK and the way they sit in the factory wheels too (as confirmed by the shop foreman at my dealer). Make sure your wheels have a good size lip allowing the sensor to be back from the edge of the bead where the tire mounts.