Need Help Wiring Driving Lights For An Rx330

SADDLEBUM

Hi Guys;

I installed PIAA 1500 driving lights on my RX330. The relay is triggered by the wire at the headlight going to the high beams but since the high beams are used for daytime running lights, that means driving lights are on during the day. They work fine at night; on with high beams and off with low beams.

What I need is either a wiring diagram for this vehicle or a hint on where I can tap into the wiring harness to pick up power (for the relay trigger) that is full power high beam only (not daytime running lights). :rolleyes:

A fairly sophisticated question to be sure. Has anyone figured this one out yet?

Thanks... Keith

Hi Guys;

I installed PIAA 1500 driving lights on my RX330. The relay is triggered by the wire at the headlight going to the high beams but since the high beams are used for daytime running lights, that means driving lights are on during the day. They work fine at night; on with high beams and off with low beams.

What I need is either a wiring diagram for this vehicle or a hint on where I can tap into the wiring harness to pick up power (for the relay trigger) that is full power high beam only (not daytime running lights). :rolleyes:

A fairly sophisticated question to be sure. Has anyone figured this one out yet?

Thanks... Keith

Keith- I assume that the light switch is on the MFS (multi function switch) on the column. You should be able to pick up the signal there. Those wires are generally so small they are only triggers for relays but that is all you need to trigger the DL (driving lights) relay. I generally preferred to use an amp clamp to pinpoint the correct wire but you can use a test light. In this day and age I often used a computer safe wireless test light since it likely went through the BCM and I didn't want to take any chance of damage to the computer. You should be able to pick up a pure high beam signal there without much problem.

Hi Guys;

Thanks... Keith

Keith- I assume that the light switch is on the MFS (multi function switch) on the column. You should be able to pick up the signal there. Those wires are generally so small they are only triggers for relays but that is all you need to trigger the DL (driving lights) relay. I generally preferred to use an amp clamp to pinpoint the correct wire but you can use a test light. In this day and age I often used a computer safe wireless test light since it likely went through the BCM and I didn't want to take any chance of damage to the computer. You should be able to pick up a pure high beam signal there without much problem.

Thanks... that's a very good idea. I also have an amp clamp so I'll start searching for the signal at the MFS.

...Keith