Fuel Pump Relay

burgerman

I am working on a friend's 1993 ls400. The problem is, the engine will fire up and quit in a matter of seconds. A new fuel pump was installed ( not by me ) when the problem showed up and did not remedy the problem. I wanted to do a quick check of the "fuel pump relay", but can't locate one, if it exists. Does it exist and where might it be?

My thought is that the car( and fuel pump ) is starting on the " starting ignition pulse ", but fails on the run signal. I'll be pulling codes soon, but would really like to do the simple swap out if a fuel pump relay is a source of problems.

Thanks for any and all help.

I am working on a friend's 1993 ls400. The problem is, the engine will fire up and quit in a matter of seconds. A new fuel pump was installed ( not by me ) when the problem showed up and did not remedy the problem. I wanted to do a quick check of the "fuel pump relay", but can't locate one, if it exists. Does it exist and where might it be?

My thought is that the car( and fuel pump ) is starting on the " starting ignition pulse ", but fails on the run signal. I'll be pulling codes soon, but would really like to do the simple swap out if a fuel pump relay is a source of problems.

Thanks for any and all help.

Although the symptoms appear to indicate a fuel delivery problem, have you checked the ignition? A simple test would be to remove the air filter and spray some

starter fluid into the intake as it begins to die. If it keeps running then you indeed have a fuel issue. If not, then ignition.