Is There Any Special Diagnostic Software For Lexus?

Chris Parker

I currently own an Audi A4 that's just been giving me a boatload of trouble to fix recently, therefore we are considering just trading it in for a Lexus instead rather than continuing to fix problems.

One of the great things about owning an Audi/Volkswagen has been the general availability, at an affordable price, of the VAG-COM/VCDS laptop diagnostic software from Ross-Tech, which allows me to access the manufacturer-specific on board control module interfaces and to view, reconfigure, and log all the sensor readings and ECU computations (i.e. the measuring blocks) going on in the car (even while driving), just like the dealer service people can do.

Is there such a tool available for Toyota/Lexus? Most people posting here with problems seem to be just referring to just the OBD-II fault codes, suggesting to me that only a generic OBD-II interface is generally available to talk to the electronics in these cars. I'd like to know if there is a better tool available, because obviously we are considering buying a used Lexus, and I want to know as much as I can about the car (including what its on-board diagnostics computer can tell me about it) as we choose the car we want to buy.

Much appreciation for your reply.

CP