What Year Is 300 Is Loaded?

jimlahey

Hello everyone

I'm a new member to your club today and I have been looking on this site for a week to fine an answer, I"m going to buy an Is 300 02-05 not sure yet but what I would like to know is what year was the 300 loaded? This is what i'm looking for 02-05 white 5 speed, L-Tuned packed, nav and black leather is this a lost cause for me to look?

Is there someone who can point me to a link or something that has the specs of all the is 300's so I can look at my options

Thanks

If you're having trouble finding an actual L-Tuned version of the IS300, you can check out this site www.l-tunedparts.com. They have the carson body kit which is suppose to be a replica of the body kit that came of the L-Tuned IS300. As for the extra suspension stuff that came with the L-Tuned IS300, I believe they were just rebranded eibach products. Also, the 04 and 05 IS300 came with memory seats (I think there were two settings?) if that's something that interests you. That's most of the things I know, but I'm sure someone with more experience will fill in the rest for me.

Thanks

but what year did they start the L-Tuned? and what year did they start piting in factory nav? and whats the dif between a regular is 300 and the sport?

If you mean the SportDesign version, I think the only difference are the wheels the car comes with and a muffler cap. I actually have a gun metal 03 SportDesign with factory navigation

Here's an article from Motor Trend too. I think it'll answer most of your questions.

"Most of our minor complaints have been addressed by Lexus with the introduction of the '02 IS 300. The best news is the car is finally available with a five-speed manual transmission, which makes it even more of a joy to drive. Some of the unexpected surface wear we experienced, as well as the armrest gripe, have also met with upgrading this year. As if that weren't enough, there are two new variants: The ultra-attractive not-quite-wagon not-quite-sedan called the SportCross and a limited-availability TRD-packaged model called the IS 300 L Tuned. IS sales remain brisk, and it's been successful at attracting even younger buyers to the Lexus fold. With this new generation and its running improvements and enhanced performance (see sidebar), Lexus will continue to enjoy the success it earned with the IS 300--and deservedly so.

What's New, Changed, Different

It appears Lexus heard the loudest criticism of its otherwise capable compact sport sedan, and for '02, added a five-speed manual transmission accompanied by an even more communicative suspension. On the unexpected side, Lexus threw in a model variant to the U.S. lineup with the SportCross, which is effectively a (smallish) sport wagon. In a limited run of about 5000 units annually, the SportCross is available only with the IS 300's five-speed E-Shift automatic transmission. New comfort features across the entire IS 300 lineup include auto-dimming inside (and driver's side outside) mirrors with compass, a new center armrest, and the dashboard now has more black coverage with a softer look and feel. A full leather interior, ivory or black, is a new option while the leather/ecsaine remains standard. Buyers can replace the standard chrome shift knob with a leather one. Navigation-challenged individuals will find this year's optional on-board system easier to use and faster functioning. Finally, two suspension and styling packages (Series I and II) were made available under the L-Tuned moniker. Debuting first in the Western states, the $3999 and $7698 packages are meant for those who wish to customize their cars, but don't have the inclination or experience to do so. Available at selected dealerships, the factory- and warranty-backed packages were developed by Toyota Racing Development (TRD)."