Stereo Upgrade

2001 Lexus Gs430

Stock Stereo system. Without navigation.

I am currently in the process of upgrading my stereo system. Its already amazing but I had opted for the non navigation version and am now adding navigation. This is turning out to be quite a project.

I am going to install the Kenwood DNX8120

When I went to the auto installer they had informed me that they might have to hardwire the unit unless a harness could be found.

Does anyone know where I could acquire such a harness? Ive read the other forum topics and have sort of realized that hardwiring might be the only way to go unless there has been some new products released.

Also with hardwiring/harness they said I would probably lose the ability of using the existing sub and amp. What recommendations would you have for replacing this sub? What sub and amp package would integrate well?

The aftermarket deck is 4 ohm. The stock speakers are 2 ohm. Other question comes into play is that if we have to hardwire i might as well replace the speakers in the car to be able to fully utilize the greater power of the new deck. So what speakers would you all recommend? and also for tweeters?

So just a quick recap, this message might be a lil loopy, Im at work on a Saturday and was out till 4 AM so I apologize if any part of this message doesnt flow well.

1. Wiring harness? or solution for it.

2. What sub and amp to use to replace the existing stock one?

3. What speakers and tweeters to use to replace the existing interior cabin speakers.

Thank for your time in reading this effort. Your advice is much appreciated. Have a great day.