Dashboard Rattle Noise

For anyone experiencing dashboard noises, here are some insights into a problem which I haven't seen mentioned before as a problem for the RX350. Shortly after I took possession of my vehicle, I began to hear a rattle from what sounded like the right side of the dashboard. I brought it to the attention of the Lexus service department when I had my first service visit. Of course the technician didn't hear a thing. I agreed to leave the car for as long as it took to locate and correct the problem. After a week's time, the noise source was found and fixed. It turned out to be a faulty strut top, which happened to be located on the engine side of the firewall, hence the apparent noise from the dashboard. I didn't learn this from Lexus, but FYI, it appears that strut problems have been cited before as an issue with some earlier models and a tech bulletin was released dealing with it.

If anyone has a noise problem which appears to come from the dashboard, be sure to mention the strut as possible source, and perhaps it won't take a week to solve the problem.

• 2 years later...