Aiming Headlights

artseattle

I have a 1998 SC400. I noticed that many people flash their high beams at me when I'm driving home on a two lane winding road. When I shine my headlights on to a wall the right side does seem like it is aiming a little high. Is there an easy way to adjust this? The Lexus dealer told me they would do it for a 30 minute charge. I thought I'd give it a shot first but would love some step-by-step advice.

Thanks,

Art in Seattle

(pretty auto repair impaired!)

Lift the hood and look down at the back side of the headlight. You are looking for a fluid filled cylinder. There should be a screw either coming out of that cylinder or near by. Take a phillips head and adjust until the bubble is in the middle of the level. Aim the headlights strait on to a wall. Check the line and see if it is satisfactory for you. If not readjust. Take it for another night drive and make sure you are satisfied with the vision ahead. If not readjust. If people still flash their lights, put on your brites and show 'em who's boss. Don't do it to a cop though.