Hydro Radiator Cooling Fan

Kip

I think I have a cooling fan problem. but I dont know how to trouble shoot it! My cooling fan is driven by my power steering fluid! Yet when not running I can spin the fan with no resiance! When running, I can bring the fan to a stop with my finger! Is this the motors problem, or does the fan have a fan clutch built into it??

I think I have a cooling fan problem. but I dont know how to trouble shoot it! My cooling fan is driven by my power steering fluid! Yet when not running I can spin the fan with no resiance! When running, I can bring the fan to a stop with my finger! Is this the motors problem, or does the fan have a fan clutch built into it??

- its normal to easily stop the fan blades (with a finger) when engine running ....... minimal resistance .

There are tests but they are not simple.

1. cooling fan ECU -under glovebox

2.coolant temp sensor(inlet, pass. side motor)

3.solenoid valve(rear of power steering pump)

I would find someone who knows how to check these ,starting with the ones in the engine compartment first. Why do you think there is a problem with the fan?

- its normal to easily stop the fan blades (with a finger) when engine running ....... minimal resistance .

There are tests but they are not simple.

1. cooling fan ECU -under glovebox

2.coolant temp sensor(inlet, pass. side motor)

3.solenoid valve(rear of power steering pump)

I would find someone who knows how to check these ,starting with the ones in the engine compartment first. Why do you think there is a problem with the fan?

I replaced the radiator, both hoses, thermostat, cap, but it doesnt over heat all the time, so I figure its not the water pump, whats left?