New 2000 Es300

Greetings.

My pride and joy over the past year has been my green 2000 LS400.

A career change meant commuting, so I jumped the gun and traded for a 2004 Mazda3 in May.

I hated the 3 ... just too small and tinny. Its good at what it does, but I no longer need to worry about

long commutes. I tried to buy back my Lexus, but the Mazda dealer principal has plated it and refuses to sell

it back ... can't say I blame him, nice car.

So, I looked for a well maintained ES300. A Toronto Lexus dealer had a beauty. It was a 2000 with about 80k on it.

The original owner has bought 4 Lexus cars from this dealer. She's now into her 70's, and twice a year, she took the

car into Ken Shaw Lexus and told them to perform any maintenance.

I was given a thick folder of all the service work ... it didn't matter if it was out of warranty, she gave the dealer total freedom

to replace anything. Everything from a new Lexus battery, w-pmp, t-belt, wiper blades, Lexus rotors and pads, Michelins, suspension

components, AC servicing .... you name it, they fixed it.

The result was this car drives like new ... no squeaks, perfect smooth ride and alignment, its an absolute pleasure to drive.

The GM of the dealership tells me he's bringing back on trade a low mileage 2000 black LS400 in October ... I may be tempted,

but right now, I'm loving the refinement of this car.

I'll definitely tint it, then take it from there.

Enjoying the ES forum for a change ... I can only hope this car treats me as well as my late LS.post-39333-1217282031_thumb.jpg

post-39333-1217281929_thumb.jpg

post-39333-1217281973_thumb.jpg

post-39333-1217282004_thumb.jpg

Beautiful looking ES tcb.....looks identical to my previous 2001. B) Sounds like the car was babied to boot.

If you need a fantastic shop for a professional tint job for a very reasonable price (the back window is a bugger to do so only give it to a shop that can do it properly....I found this out the hard way), let me know......there is a great one in Mississauga. I can also hook you up with rust-proofing & top shelf detailing.

Enjoy your new ride!

Thanks, I'll call on you if I need the contact info.

I found Bullock City in Markham for Lexus quality technicians at affordable prices.

They did my t-belt on my LS400 for a very reasonable price.

I don't put many miles on my cars ... perhaps 5000klm per year. So, for the occasional

oil change, I may use KenShaw Lexus. It would be nice to keep the service stamps going,

seeing as how the car hasn't missed a service date at that dealer since it was put on the road.

If your in Orillia (as mentioned on your profile), that's a bit of a trek to come all the way to Ken Shaw for just an oil change....you should be good to go at Sunrise Toyota for routine maintenance. ;)

:cheers:

True enough.

But, the GM of Ken Shaw has promised me a new ES350 loaner, so I'd take my wife and

do some shopping, etc.

He just now sent me an email, promising to "hide" the 2000 LS400 when it arrives, until

I can drive down and view it.

Funny thing about Sunrise ... I purchased a used Accord EX-L from them 3 years ago ... turns out

it was in an accident, and I had to involve OMVIC to arbitrate a settlement.

We don't like each other too much ... but, yes, I do have an excellent independant mechanic in Orillia.

True enough.

But, the GM of Ken Shaw has promised me a new ES350 loaner, so I'd take my wife and

do some shopping, etc.

He just now sent me an email, promising to "hide" the 2000 LS400 when it arrives, until

I can drive down and view it.

Funny thing about Sunrise ... I purchased a used Accord EX-L from them 3 years ago ... turns out

it was in an accident, and I had to involve OMVIC to arbitrate a settlement.

We don't like each other too much ... but, yes, I do have an excellent independant mechanic in Orillia.

Ouch! :blink: The wife & I almost bought a Highlander 4WD V6 there a few years back.....glad we passed on it. Thanks for the heads up about Sunrise.

:cheers:

• 3 months later...
Beautiful looking ES tcb.....looks identical to my previous 2001. B) Sounds like the car was babied to boot.

If you need a fantastic shop for a professional tint job for a very reasonable price (the back window is a bugger to do so only give it to a shop that can do it properly....I found this out the hard way), let me know......there is a great one in Mississauga. I can also hook you up with rust-proofing & top shelf detailing.

Enjoy your new ride!

Can you please hook me up for rust-proofing :D .... for a reasonable price.

Thanks, I'll call on you if I need the contact info.

I found Bullock City in Markham for Lexus quality technicians at affordable prices.

They did my t-belt on my LS400 for a very reasonable price.

I don't put many miles on my cars ... perhaps 5000klm per year. So, for the occasional

oil change, I may use KenShaw Lexus. It would be nice to keep the service stamps going,

seeing as how the car hasn't missed a service date at that dealer since it was put on the road.

I am going to Bullock City next thursday to get my pads and rotors done. This is going to be my first time. Any comments on their service?

Sorry, I missed your post asking about Bullock City.

I used them once ... Andy set me up for my t-belt,w.p, and fluid change.

He was very thorough, knows our cars inside and out, and made some solid suggestions.

He also test drove my car before and after the service .... something I've never seen before.

If I need a major service, I wouldn't hesitate to drive down to Newmarket again ... unlike the dealership,

you can talk to the guy who's turning the wrench on your car, check on the work in process, and inspect the

used parts.

Let me know how you make out.