What Should I Look Out For - 2005 Es 330?

Hi!

I am possibly going to buy a 2005 ES 330 tonight. It has 67K miles on it. It is Certified Pre-owned.

I was wondering if there are some things I should look for before I sign off on it.

Thanks and best regards.

S

Hi!

I am possibly going to buy a 2005 ES 330 tonight. It has 67K miles on it. It is Certified Pre-owned.

I was wondering if there are some things I should look for before I sign off on it.

Thanks and best regards.

S

Welcome to LOC skc!

The steering knuckle is one part that should be inspected....they are very common to need replacement (had mine done at 42k miles under warranty). Another minor issue is the 'B' pillars are known to fade & de-oxidize over time....they have to be repainted, as they can't be replaced...it's part of the door. If you can get detailed service records on the vehicle that's a bonus.

Some owners have had transmission hesitation with this generation (see the thread sticky at the top of the ES forum). I'm from Canada and they tweaked our transmissions slightly different than the U.S. models due to emission regulations....we do not have the same problem up here.

These cars are as close to being bulletproof as they get. Good luck with your search & keep us posted. B)

:cheers:

The steering knuckle is one part that should be inspected....they are very common to need replacement (had mine done at 42k miles under warranty). Another minor issue is the 'B' pillars are known to fade & de-oxidize over time....they have to be repainted, as they can't be replaced...it's part of the door. If you can get detailed service records on the vehicle that's a bonus.

I got the service records and the car was maintained at Lexus dealership all this time. The dealer has replaced the front brake pads before the sale. The rear pads were replaced at 45K miles. The dealer has done a 60K mile service already.

Thanks a bunch for the help.

I am actually looking for the same car myself!

If you don't mind me asking, how much is your dealer charging for that vehicle? I want to see what i should be expecting.

Hi!

Thanks and best regards.

S