99 Rx300 Cd Input Seems Dead

skipwool

Strange we are having an eerie similarity to the other owner today reporting CD problems. The AM and FM radio works. But when you push the input button for the CD, there is nothing on the display and no sound. The 6-disc changer does load and unload. Also about the same time, the Air Conditioner controls got wacky: You can only get the fan to be 100% on or 100% off with no in-between. I can adjust the temperature, but to get any effect, the fan is running at top speed and quite noisy. The dealer reports that my alternator has a noisy bearing and is about to die. I'm replacing the alternator tomorrow at an independent shop. I wonder if the alternator has been sending dirty, spikey current into the control panels of the Stereo and the AC, causing their circuits to get scrambled. QUESTION: Is there a way to "reset" or "Reboot" the Radio/Stereo control panel, or the A/C control panel to return them to a "factory default" condition after the alternator is replaced? (The AM radio is VERY noisy and staticky, like there is no antenna. The FM radio is fine.)