Cylinder Misfire -00 Es300 Different Ignition Coil

Hi forum, I have a 00 es300 vvt-i 88k, so I went to Autozone, and got the diagnostic and codes came out to "cylinder 5 misfire" so my pops just paid $288 for 2 Denso ignition coil( cylinder 2 and 4) to be changed at local mechanic shop. The cel and traction was still poppin up after week. I went on ebay and bought 4 "brand new es300 unknown ignition coil for 97-01 1mz-fe" . So the new coils I just got are different(picture below) from my engine and the ebay one. Now I remembering reading somewhere about the coils being changed after 99 but I'm still not too sure on that.

I have tried disconnecting the ground to reset the codes and changed the spark plugs.

I'm going to try the fuel system cleaner to see if its the injectors, and get gauge to test it out. Other option is to change the new denso coil from to cylinder-2 to 5.

$171 at Autozone for one fuel injector

Does anyone have pics of their ignition coils?

Did they send me the wrong part?

why do you have to replace cyl 2 and 4 for misfire in cyl 5?

good question, i was wondering the same thing too, the bootleg mechanic screwed that up. I didn't go with my pops to the mechanic when he got it done. I went to go pick up the car and thats when I snapped on them. Which ended costing more money to replace the coils, which I couldve done myself alot cheaper and faster. Well, well, I just found out the ignition coils I ordered are for the non-VVT-I engine w/ single TB. I'm trying to see if I can exchange for the right part.

edit- The mechanic also ordered the wrong part too, the same mistake I just made which I didn't find out til after I ordered the parts myself.

1- Aisan Ignition Coil

w/o VVT-I ( Single throttle Body)_ 95-01 es300, 99-03 Solara, 95-01 Camry, 98-01 Sienna, 95-99 Avalon

95-01es.jpg

2- OE Service

VVT-I ( Dual Throttle Body)_ 98-03 ES300, 02-06 Camry, 00-04 Avalon, 99-03 RX300, 01-03 Highlander, 00-03 Sienna

98-03es.jpg

source- www.autopartswarehouse.com