Vehicle Sability Control Panel Light

Any partial answers/comments to my ealier note (as follows) are appreciated. VSC Light & engine lite came on for no apparent reason. Live in Raleigh, NC. Is this an immediate safety issue? Is this a common problem? Is this a warranty issue for 16,500 miles? Otherwise is this only correctable at the dealer?

In all likelihood, you have a bad Ox sensor, although it could be anything that affects the check engine, including loose gas cap, overfilling the tank, etc. The VSC light comes on automatically with the CE light. Mine have gone off 3 times in 7,000 on a 2007. It's at the dealer now, awaiting parts. 16,500 is well within the mileage limit for standard warranty - but is your model year really 1999?

• 1 month later...
Any partial answers/comments to my ealier note (as follows) are appreciated. VSC Light & engine lite came on for no apparent reason. Live in Raleigh, NC. Is this an immediate safety issue? Is this a common problem? Is this a warranty issue for 16,500 miles? Otherwise is this only correctable at the dealer?

I have the same problem on my 07 RX. It has 27,486 miles. The VSC, ABS, & break light comeson intermittantly. This still cover by the warranty. Just bring the vehicle to the Lexus dealer & they will fixed the problem with no charge. They also give you a loaner lexus vehicle with no charge just make sure to refill the gas back to the previous level.