2000 Gs300 Need 12v Switched Power Source In The Rear/trunk

Also posted in the general section (new to posting, sorry for the double post)

I am looking for a 12v switched power source in the trunk (when the key is on wire must be powered, not hot all the time.) I installed a back up camera and tapped into the reverse lights, however I would really like my camera ON all the time (when the key is on.) I really don't want to run a wire to the trunk. I have looked in the trunk and can't find any switched power. Can anyone point me in the right direction, and also if it exists, the color of the wire I am looking for, or a trunk schematic would be awesome.

i cant help u but if u get a answer let me know.......im fixing to do one on my car! where did you mount the camera, got pics? im going for one in the keyhole just have to find out if i remove my exterior lock if it will prevent me from popping trunk,etc and find a way to connect it to my ml nav screen!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

i cant help u but if u get a answer let me know.......im fixing to do one on my car! where did you mount the camera, got pics? im going for one in the keyhole just have to find out if i remove my exterior lock if it will prevent me from popping trunk,etc and find a way to connect it to my ml nav screen!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

I mounted it to the top of the license plate frame. It was a basic wireless unit from Costco. I wish they had a wide angle lens. I drove a Infinity QX56 with an awesome back up camera, but for $80, it's fine.

I also did the rear back up sensors in the bumper wireless with the monitor glued to my W/S. I love it as it beeps if I get too close and it tells me the distance and whether the obstacle is on the right or left.

post-63096-1214255346_thumb.jpg

that has the night vision bulbs right?are the backup sensors the black things on your bumpers? those kinda cool not a bad idea at all! do u have a after market tv or a the factory ml nav screen? i saw them but my buddy told me the night vision isn't that great that the reverse lights should provide all the light u need but i dunno. r u serious.......80 ouch man? they are on ebay for like 20-30. here look.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAR-REAR-VI...0233937303&

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/License-Pla...0233012818&

only reason mine is 90 is its the only one i seen that fits into the keyhole,i have the black exterior so im gonna go for a stealth install into the keyhole

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SMALLEST-RE...0254315663&

brian