Nak Speakers

The stock Nak system in my 92 ls400 has had a weak sub from day one. So weak in fact that it is barely audible. It does work however as I can feel it vibrate and do hear it if I strain (which is never good ;) ).

So today I ran a couple tests. Here's what I did;

1-Suspected the feed from the amp in the trunk, so did the jiggle test, and I could be imagining it, but it sounds stronger now.

2- Clipped the leads at the sub and wired up a brand new 5.25 " speaker just to test if the signal was just as weak. In other words was it the sub or the signal. It was even more faint than the stock sub which appears to be in great shape after removing the deck cover and eyeballing it.

My conclusion is that the amp may weak, dying etc. Except that it's about the same strengh of signal since day one.

In addition, all 4 4" drivers have been replaced by me at one time or another, the latest one being today.

Is it because theyare (were) close to 15 years old, or is there an underlying electrical issue that burns 'em up?

All the replacements are still working.

How do I test the Amp signal to see if it is up to spec. What is Spec?

thanks all you stereo guys....