Got In An Accident...

We has some severe weather here in the midwest and I ended up in a ditch. The airbags went off, which by the way hurt like heck. Just curious, are the really expensive to get put back to where they need to be, if you can even do that?

Thanks.

We has some severe weather here in the midwest and I ended up in a ditch. The airbags went off, which by the way hurt like heck. Just curious, are the really expensive to get put back to where they need to be, if you can even do that?

Thanks.

Air bags have to be replaced. To get an idea of the cost, eBay usually has them. Do a search on eBay or even Google for a wider choice.

Your insurance should handle it anyway. Hopefully, your deductible isn't very high.

There's more to resetting them and making sure that the system is in functioning order than just replacing the bags.

You need to take the car to a competent autobody shop and have them look at it and reset the airbags. There's probably other damage, even if you can't see it, if the airbags deployed. Its gonna be expensive, I'd call your insurance company.