Ls400 With White Smoke

ls400_1999

Folks,

This morning I notice that my LS400 1999 produces white smoke more then usual (it was raining also). People from other forum (Boxster) indicate it might be the AOS (Air Oil Seperator) is about to RIP. I just change the Oxygen sensor on this car and it CEL is currently not on. Is it normal for this type of car or is it something I should check before it is really fail? Any Lexus expert out there can offer advice/suggestion? Thank a lot.

Tony

Folks,

This morning I notice that my LS400 1999 produces white smoke more then usual (it was raining also). People from other forum (Boxster) indicate it might be the AOS (Air Oil Seperator) is about to RIP. I just change the Oxygen sensor on this car and it CEL is currently not on. Is it normal for this type of car or is it something I should check before it is really fail? Any Lexus expert out there can offer advice/suggestion? Thank a lot.

Tony

Chances are you probably had a little water condensation get into the mix. Mine use to do that too, as does quite a few. From what I understand, you guys had a lot of fog in the area yesterday? The ups and downs of temp's, over time, can build up a little condensation on the lining of the tank. Before I'd start thinking parts are dying off, I'd just run a bottle of HEET with your next batch of gas to remove any water buildup, and eleminate that possiblity. Someone a couple years back posted the same thing, and it too turned out to be some water in the system.

Or if you were at the Red Sox's game last night, a disgruntle Tampa Bay Ray's fan might of put a curse on it!