Had To Make A Water Crossing

I was merging on a highway and the on-ramp was completed flooded. There was a construction site next to it and it looked like a damn river across the road. I stopped and put my emergency flashers on and held up a bunch of traffic because I didn't want to sink my car. An SUV went by and it didn't look that bad and there was really no way to turn around seeing as how I was on an on ramp so I decided to go through. Water came up to about the door level and I made it through thankfully.

Now I'm wondering if any damage could have been done to the car. I had a jeep in high school and at times would sink it up to the doors in muddy water. Water would get into the transmission and axels and the fluid would have to be changed.

Do you think anything as severe as this could have happened. I was only in the water for about 5 seconds but I don't want it messing anything electrical or getting in places it shouldn't.

Thanks!